Raw Honey Side Effects and Benefits for Health
Raw honey has a lot of nutritional and nutritional benefits yag beneficial to the body and not through the process with the addition of chemicals.
So, nowadays many people are starting to realize to prefer raw honey rather than processed honey. In fact, processed honey besides beneficial to health is also beneficial for beauty.
Raw honey can be used as natural ingredient face asker that is useful to overcome acne.
Honey can also counteract free radicals to prevent premature aging. With the many benefits that can be felt, raw honey side effects may also be felt.
The basic differentiator of raw honey and processed honey is the process done for its processing.
To extract honey, the first step is to make a honeycomb that already contains honey into small parts.
Next, the honeycomb will be squeezed and filtered to separate the honey liquid. The result of this process is called raw honey.
Meanwhile, processed honey or usually given the label “pure honey” is mostly found in stores and also supermarkets through a variety of more processes, such as; filtering, pasteurization, adding sweet taste.
The process can cause the loss of various native nutrients contained in raw honey.
Some useful substances are among others; bee pollen, anti-bacterial, and various types of phytonutrients. Therefore, raw honey is believed to be much more beneficial compared to processed honey.
Benefits of Raw Honey
Raw honey has many benefits for body health . Here are some benefits of raw honey you need to know:
- Raw honey is not through the process of pasteurization which is a process to cook honey. This process will kill various bacteria that also contain various types of minerals needed by the body. Mineral content such as; calcium, iron, Vitamin B complex, and potassium. Various mineral content can launch the metabolism that is in the body. Minerals can also play a role to balance the levels of electrolytes in the body.
- Raw honey can also play a role to heal wounds. When compared with ordinary honey or honey labeled “pure honey”, then raw honey can work better to heal wounds. This is because the level of acidity in the honey is quite high and the content of methylglyoxal in the form of antibacterial compounds can increase the pH contained in the surface of the wound, so that various bacteria in the wound will be lost. Raw honey is also more effective than ordinary honey as an antiseptic to clean wounds and prevent further infection.
- Raw honey can also serve to control blood pressure and cholesterol levels in the body. This is because raw mdu can stimulate good cholesterol production and can lower bad cholesterol levels. Thus, you can minimize the possibility of heart disease or stroke. You can consume raw honey on a regular basis rather than processed honey that is sold in stores.
Raw Honey Side Effects
Side effects that may be felt for consuming too much raw honey are as follows:
- Raw honey can cause allergies for allergies with pollen. This is because raw honey has the original pollen content, so it is possible some people who are allergic to pollen can experience a reaction to the allergy. Allergic reactions that may be caused include; difficulty in breathing, dizziness, blood pressure decreased drastically, fainted, even heart failure.
- Raw honey can also cause poisoning against bacteria. This is because raw honey contains bacterial spores of botulism. The signs of bacterial poisoning include muscle weakness, dry mouth, diarrhea, nausea, and fever. It can attack people who have weak immune system. Therefore, for people who have a weak body resistance is advised not to drink raw honey.